SHOWER PUMP 22MM to 15MM COLD WATER FEED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI one question, can i take tank cold water feed piping at 22mm and reduce to 15mm near the pump? the distance is about 2.5 metres before a drop into the pump (not yet installed) or should a just have 15mm all the way? tank connector and full bore ball valve? is there a benefit to 22mm and reducing into a 15mm pump inlet? im a complete beginner so dont abuse me please. thanks

Sponsored Links
i have not done anything, my plan is to drill a hole into the cw tank, but i would like to know what flow (size 22mm or 15mm) the feed is for a salamander ct75+ shower. im planning on using push fit. i am thinking of using a surrey flange from the hwc. thanks for ur reply mate

You need to use a 22mm pipes for both hot and cold feeds to the pump and then reduce down from 22 to 15 just before the flexi connector on the pump.

Surrey flange is a good idea for hot. Salamanders preferred method i believe

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Is a full bore ball valve recommended? Any other tip b4 hand ? And thank you . Is the reducing at that point a tested method? What distance shall a reduce at? A foot? less. Thank so much

Reduce as close to the flexi's (that comes with the pump) as possible.

I think that the CT75+ comes with isolators built into the flexi's - see here:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/70280...P&gclid=CP3w4-DlzaICFQIB4wodqkAAxg&source=aw#

Your outlets from the pump to the shower can be in 15mm, no need to take it back up to 22mm.

In terms of tips, its all pretty straight forward, just make sure that when you re-fill the system, make sure you allow the water to run through the pump first and bleed all the air out before connecting the outlet flexi pipes back up to the pipework to the shower. - All done without the electrics switched of course and very easy to do since you have built in isolators on the flexi's

If you have any air in the pump when you switch it up it is unlikely to function properly.

A gate valve is a good idea as they run full bore and are designed for gravity feeds.

Pete

Yes they come in compression so you just need to insert a pipe liner then the nut and olive on the plastic pipe.

The pipe is not push fit the fittings are as plastic pipe can be used on compression and pushfit joints.

Pete

Why do you want to add in further isolation valves when there are already isolation valves built into the flexible connectors as I said above - or am i missing something?
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back