Replace Garden Bench slats

hi richchad.

I am trying to replace the wood on my bench also-same bench. All the info here is very helpful but wondering if you can tell me the length, width and height of the wood you used? I only have the 2 ends and no wood to see what was previously used. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
hi richchad.

I am trying to replace the wood on my bench also-same bench. All the info here is very helpful but wondering if you can tell me the length, width and height of the wood you used? I only have the 2 ends and no wood to see what was previously used. Thank you.

Gosh, I thought this thread was dead long ago.... :)

The size of each slat on my benches is two and a half inches wide, three quarters of an inch thick and are 4' 8" long as I cut a couple of inches off each end, so was about 5' long originally, and there are 12 slats to each bench.

It may depend on the spacing of the holes in your 2 ends to see if 2.5" wide slats will fit.

I have no idea what the wood is other than it is a hard wood..
Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back