Brick style tiling in and around window ledge - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'm trying to decide on tiles for our new bathroom and it's proving to be much harder than i thought. I really like the brick style tiles (40x10) and would like to use these to tile the front of the bath, across the boxed in toilet and sink and in and around the window area - as our shower will spray on to this unfortunately. I'm worried this bit will look odd - any suggestions? is using brick style tiles a bad idea, should we use a window ledge instead and seal it in somehow to waterproof it? please advise!

Am thinking of using white grout as bathroom isnt particularly big - will these tiles make it look smaller?

I have just over a week to make a decision and order as we've committed to a bathroom suite, plumber and tiler! help!

Sponsored Links
It's difficult to say whether it will make the room look bigger, tiles placed on a landscape orientation can add more width to a room, also, your grout colour matching the tile colour can make the room look larger as the walls will appear to be a single uniform colour at an initial glance.

As for your window, there's no real reason why you cant have a window within a shower, ideally it should be uPVC, although most importantly the window area should be tanked. Altrnatively a PVC window board or natural stone/corian/solid surface worktop would work well to stop water ingress

personally i would`nt, you say the shower will spray onto that area, the smaller the tiles, the more grout joints you have, the more chance for water ingress if it aint tanked, just my opinion though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back