Circumsion on the NHS?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Surely it's time to ban this antiquated designer look mutilation until the person reaches the age of making their own decision? Surely it is against human rights to have an enforced operation when just a baby? How many die from botched operations? How many are mutilated for life? And why should the taxpayer be party to it via the NHS?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/jul/11/doctors-urge-circumcision-on-nhs

Sponsored Links
If they put that on the nhs why not tattoo's, ear piercing and hair cuts? It's a fekkin joke!

Whilst I agree entirely that the taxpayer should not fund this operation. The question of human rights would not apply when it's done for religious reasons.

Muslims would probably complain that it's against their human rights to not be allowed to mutilate their children.

Religion has always been cruel,,,,,,, especially to children.

Sponsored Links
Joe - how can you adopt this Cavalier attitude :rolleyes: No prepuce is precious :idea: Phimosis is for Philistines, and you are 1 ;)

There is of course female circumcision that go's on in certain society's , my sister who used to work foe the red cross came across this 1st hand in I beleive Somalia or Ethiopia when she was there many years ago, girls as young as 10 are held down whilst some woman go's to work with a razor blade in some hut, some are even stiched up (literally)after the mutilation , causes all sorts of medical problems for the girls most or all of whom are denied medical help by the village elders/Idiots !!

Come on Nige, these Muslims get enough off the British taxpayer already, without getting free tip off's too. ;) ;) ;) ;)
It's only religious reasons that they want this mutilation done to their kids. It's not done through medical necessity.
Muslins round our way now want the council traffic wardens to ignore them parking on double yellow lines on Friday's whilst they pray and are up in arms whenever their cars are ticketed, claiming they are being persecuted. Council have told them to either walk, use public transport or park their cars where there are no yellow lines.
I wouldn't mind but they are so religious, that half the young men come out of the mosque on Fridays and disappear into local pubs or the bookies.
Hypocritical lot. ;) ;) ;)

I don't see a problem with this, after all its no skin off my nose is it. ;)

Surely it's time to ban this antiquated designer look mutilation until the person reaches the age of making their own decision? Surely it is against human rights to have an enforced operation when just a baby?
really? so what about fixing a hole in the heart or other such operations? should we wait until the child is old enough to decide then too?
How many die from botched operations? How many are mutilated for life?
would you rather some unskilled bloke does it in the local temple? surely a skilled surgeon in a clean hospital is better?
And why should the taxpayer be party to it via the NHS?
why should the taxpayer pay to stitch up the idiot who falls of his moped or the drunken lout that starts a bar fight or treat the smoker that ends up with lung cancer and so on..

Can't recall if this has been posted before:

Tax Man

At the end of the tax year the Tax Office sent an inspector to audit the books of a synagogue. While he was checking the books he turned to the Rabbi and said, "I notice you buy a lot of candles. What do you do with the candle drippings?"

"Good question," noted the Rabbi. "We save them up and send them back to the candle makers, and every now and then they send us a free box of candles."

"Oh," replied the auditor, somewhat disappointed that his unusual question had a practical answer. But on he went, in his obnoxious way: "What about all these matzo purchases? What do you do with the crumbs?"

"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi, realising that the inspector was trying to trap him with an unanswerable question. "We collect them and send them back to the manufacturers, and every now and then they send a free box of matzo balls."

"I see," replied the auditor, thinking hard about how he could fluster the know-it-all Rabbi. "Well, Rabbi," he went on, "what do you do with all the leftover foreskins from the circumcisions you perform?"

"Here, too, we do not waste," answered the Rabbi. "What we do is save up all the foreskins and send them to the Tax Office, and about once a year they send us a complete dick."

really? so what about fixing a hole in the heart or other such operations? should we wait until the child is old enough to decide then too?

Is a child likely to die from a hole in the heart? Yes.
So I would think its in the best interests of the child to have an operation without his/her consent.

Is a child likely to die from not having his private parts butchered? NO

So why butcher them without their consent?

Surely it's time to ban this antiquated designer look mutilation until the person reaches the age of making their own decision? Surely it is against human rights to have an enforced operation when just a baby?
How many die from botched operations? How many are mutilated for life?
would you rather some unskilled bloke does it in the local temple? surely a skilled surgeon in a clean hospital is better?
And why should the taxpayer be party to it via the NHS?
why should the taxpayer pay to stitch up the idiot who falls of his moped or the drunken lout that starts a bar fight or treat the smoker that ends up with lung cancer and so on..

I'm going to start a new religion whereby we consider it necessary to cut off our children's ear lobes. Can we have it on the NHS please? :rolleyes:

And no - idiots that get drunk and end up in hospital should be billed or refused entry.

Sponsored Links
Back