Residue after emptying cold water tank.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a house i know very little about other than it is 10 years old.

Switched off cold water and drained the cold water tank in loft. When I did what i had to do I then switched on water again.

I filled the bath, there was a lot(relative i guess) of sediment collecting at the bottom of bath, small dark/brown bits of residue. After I ran the bath (with cold water) for a third time the residue had almost gone.

Looked in tanks of toilets and noticed there was a lot of back sediment at the bottom, but the water flushes clear.

Is this a problem?

Is this water drinkable?

Should I have the system checked by a plumber?

what would he say?

Sponsored Links
Water that has been supplied by a roof tank is not potable (i.e. Not Drinkable) after draining it is not common for sediment and c**p to be stirred up during refilling, and as you have found things quickly settle down BUT DON'T DRINK ANYTHING OTHER THAN WATER FROM THE RISING MAIN!! ;)

OR delete "not" :idea: is that C-rap as in the colloquial , or the actual :eek: What would the plumber say :?: Sucks air in through teeth - "that`s going to be expensive , Guv " ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back