Renault trafic alarm problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had a terrible problem with my 2003 renault trafic alarm, it keeps going off randomly for no reason even in the middle of the night.

Neighbours are getting seriously annoyed !

Where abouts is the alarm located on this van and would it be possble to disconnect it without causing problems to the immobiliser?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Morning

Chances are that it is just one of the door sensors. On my trafic the drivers door sensor is the one at fault, it could do with being a bit longer so that it engages and always thinks that the door is shut. Sometimes it was happy that the door was shut and then at other times it would decide that it wasn't being pushed in far enough and it would set the alarm off.

When you are driving along do you ever get the door open symbol in the bottom left or right of the dash? It could be any of the doors or the bonnet.

I temporarily fixed the problem by gaffa taping some foam to the door where the sensor meets it to ensure it depressed the sensor fully. That was some time last year... I'll fix it properly sometime.

Hope this helps

Conor

IME the quality of Renault courtesy light switches leaves something to be desired.

When I tried starting my Kangoo last Friday I found the battery was completely flat. Tracing the fault to one of the courtesy light switches, I removed the rubber cover and emptied a sad little pile of broken plastic out of it - it looks like one of the switch fixing clips had broken, allowing the switch to tilt out of alignment, occasionally making contact when it shouldn't. Eventually the whole switch got completely mashed.

Unplugging the switch from the wiring loom gave a temporary fix, but upset the central locking, which couldn't sense the door opening, so it would re-lock everything after about a minute.

Sponsored Links
Back