Vortice Shower Fan stopped working

MM1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Vortice Shower Fan, which is activated by the light switch, has suddenly stopped working. Can anyone suggest any simple checks we can do to see if the fan is repairable? The light switch is still works. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hello MM1.
Do you have a multimeter/voltage detector ? (not a neon driver though :LOL: ).
If so is it possible for you to safely 'check' if the fan has power 'feeding' it ?
Is this a 12v 'in line' type fan ? (fan/light combined ?).
Regards
Ed

ps There isn't a fan isolator switch somewhere that has been knocked off by mistake etc is there ????

Hi Ed,
Thanks, I'm not sure if there's a fan isolator switch but will check. I'm sure we have a voltage detector somewhere! The fan is a separate unit to the light. The fan is attached to the ceiling by the door. The lights are downlights.
Thanks again
MM1

Sponsored Links
I'm sure we have a voltage detector somewhere!
You need proper voltage test instrument like a multimeter.

The tests will mean checking there is voltage between neutral and live and switched live.

A voltage indicating stick can't do this as it can only indicate live, it won't tell you if the neutral has been disconnected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back