Cannon Chesterfield display Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had our Cannon for just under 2 years and it works fine except that display keeps flickering all the time.

Has anyone seen the problem before and know how to solve it.
Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Flickering displays are usually down to power supply/regulation failure.

It could be a bad solder joint or connection but usually it requires a new PCB.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I take it that as long as we don't need the timer there is no problem letting it fail?

Or is it possible to get a replacement and do the job my self?

Once again thanks.

It is possible to get the timer and replace it yourself (they can be pricey).

As your oven is less than two years old even though it is outside the one year manufacturers warrenty you may have some recourse under the EU fit for purpose or UK consumer goods act (depends on how much you paid, whether new, display model etc, you may be able to claim all or part of repair. We fitted a PCB to a 3 year old sharp combi oven (no display), the lady complained to sharp saying that in her opinion the display should last for at least 5 years, they sent her a new PCB)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that I will get onto Cannon and push the point. I have also checked my paper work and it looks like I registered for a 5 year parts warrenty.

Thanks again

But you will have to pay labour charge about £100 parts are free

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back