hotpoint wd420 flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I know this has been asked before but it didn't fully asnwer my question.

The flashing light and 2 aand 4 which is full pressure (or something similar) the fix was to remove the filter clean it and replace it. I did this (the part with the large ball) and removed 31p LOL

I put it all back together and am still getting the same problem codes coming up.

Does this mean the pump is knackered or is something else afoot??

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does it still pump out water. Is the waste pipe /sink spigot clear. Did you unplug it for 30 secounds to clear error. Check filter /pump again for more money. Is the impelor broken in the pump.

No the water does not pump out. It just sits there, waste pipe is deff clear. filter and pump all seems to be clear. I had a quick look inside the pump and all seems to be OK.

You still have a blockage does the pump hum when put on to pump out.

Sponsored Links
Nope no noise from pump. Rinse and Spin light comes on and then nothing.....then the lights 2 and 4 flash

Pump wire come off or pump gone open circuit.

When I was cleaning everything I had the pump out and it was all wired up etc etc. If I am honest it does appear to be ommiting(sp) a slight burning smell but I am led to believe most pumps and motors do.

What do you mean by an open circuit??

If you stick a continuity tester on the pump connections it should bleep if not pump burnt out by the coins. It has a themo cut out on the coil windings it might reset when cold. Try in the morning if no joy pump needs replacing.

Believe it or not I don't own a continuity tester... I have a volt meter thingy but thats it. Any other way of testing it??

I will try again in the morning and keep you updated.

Huge thank you for helping.

I will deff be staying around. Just moved into a place of my own (rented) but trying to keep costs down and help where possible etc.

Talk in the morning :D

Tried the machine again with no luck :(

Whipped the pump out and took it to a local spares place who sold me another one (brand new) for £25 which I didn't think was too bad.

Put the new pump in and wholah! We now have a working washing machine.

Thank you once again rocks1

remember the golden rule always check pockets otherwise it costs you money ;)

remember the golden rule always check pockets otherwise it costs you money ;)

LOL I don't do the washing so I am blaming the missus LOL

Again thank you and I am sure I will be sticking around when I/she breaks something else HE HE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back