squeaky clutch pedal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys....i have a squeaky clutch pedal on my car, i know it's only trivial but it's doin' my head in. the pedal only squeaks when the car is in gear. when it's in neutral it's fine. iv'e tried WD40 and it goes off fo a while but soon starts squeaking again.i'm sure it's not coming from under the bonnet.
any ideas,
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
Its a very common problem Mick - and as the pedal bushes are made of nylon, WD40 doesn't stay around too long. Use a PTFE grease spray if you can get it, and this will help.
I've no idea why it doesn't squeak in neutral though - it certainly doesn't make any difference as far as the pedal is concerned!
John :)

Its a very common problem Mick - and as the pedal bushes are made of nylon, WD40 doesn't stay around too long. Use a PTFE grease spray if you can get it, and this will help.
I've no idea why it doesn't squeak in neutral though - it certainly doesn't make any difference as far as the pedal is concerned!
John :)
cheers........... couldn't get ptfe grease spray but was advised silicon spray would do the trick, so far it has
mickcoulson :D

Sponsored Links
Back