Karcher K3.550 power washer prob.!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought Karcher power washer for livestock trailer, 4X4's and general cleaning.

After second use could not get hose to lance end to stay in machine. Push down on outer ring to where hose is inserted, pulls back 2 metal pieces, inserted hose end and released outer ring to secure. Turned on water and hose came out! Tried several times, without using force, the same happened every time! :oops: Have consulted manual.

Anyone got the same machine and had same problem? Have arranged to take it back to Argos, just checking had not overlooked something before doing 20 + mile round trip to Argos!

Thanks folks, any info. suggestions greatly appreciated! :)

Sponsored Links
I've got a Karcher 555 in for repair at the mo - same as you, the plastic threaded part that the lance screws into has lost all its threads.
It seems like a good machine overall - certainly better than the average DIY one - so I'll go for a repair.
It looks like the plastic bit comes complete as a pump head - the steel cover only holds the thing together.
There's a good parts supplier up here, called Clentech - I'll drop in over the next few days.
John :)

the domestic K series karcher machines have 2 outlet designs, clip on or 22mm diameter male thread on the machine. If your male thread is plastic this part is a sleeve that fits onto the pump before the metal shroud is screwed down on top. A new sleeve is less than 10 and can be bought online from companies like sparesgiant. the part code is KARWPF9036444. if your machine is from 2008 onwards you may have the clip system with a snap on collar on the machine and machined brass end to the hose. Karcher now have a converter that changes the thread into the clip system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back