Mitre saw stand or bolt to bench?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to start building my house. The first job is to build the garage and workshop so I can work out of there to build the rest of the house. The garage will be pretty big so I can build a long workbench down one side.

I have a mitre saw and I am wondering whether I would be better off buying a decent stand stand for it (e.g. DeWalt at £150) or bolting the mitre saw to the middle of the bench. I don't anticipate needing to move the saw off the site.

If I don't buy a stand what do I lose?

Thanks
AA

Sponsored Links
I would make it so the saw can be moved up and down the bench using clamps, if you bolt it in the middle you will restrict the lengths of timber you'll be able to cut unless the bench is 10 meters long allowing you to cut at a maximum of 5 meter lengths. Other than that there would be no reason to buy the stand if you doing all the cutting in the garage/workshop.

Once building you house it may be a different matter as there could be a lot of back and forth to the garage/workshop.

So you would loose a lot other than convenience.

Gobz

Sponsored Links
go for the de7023 leg stand for around £115-125 it will pay for its self within a week in time and not killing yourself :D

you need the saw where your working not in a remote area
do you think carrying a ton off timber 30 or 40 yards extra to cut is a good idea :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back