Yale Premium Alarm HSA6400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I am in need of some advice, I have just installed the Yale HSA6400 and have noticed that the power adapter is getting very hot and is buzzing. At first I though it maybe because it was charging the battery but I switched the battery off and the adapter is still the same. I have contacted Yale but have got no response so at the moment I am switching the plug off at night just incase.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank

John

Sponsored Links
Is the transformer a good fit in the plug or does it seem a little slack?

Never had a buzzing one before possibly faulty? Take it back.
I presume your home electricity is tested?

Is the transformer a good fit in the plug or does it seem a little slack?

Never had a buzzing one before possibly faulty? Take it back.
I presume your home electricity is tested?

Hi Thanks for your reply,

I have made sure the plug is secure in the wall and the electrics were refitted 4 years ago so I assume they are ok,
Thanks for your help, I will try contacting yale as it was a mail order company I got the alarm from and they will want the entire system back.

Hi there,

Just wondering if you ever got the bottom of the buzzing? I have just installed the same system and noticed mine is buzzing too!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Just wondering if you ever got the bottom of the buzzing? I have just installed the same system and noticed mine is buzzing too!

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan, I finally managed to get a reply from yale who confirmed that the adapter should not make the buzzing noise and have since sent me out a new one, I havent had a chance to try it yet but I will let you know how it goes. If you go to Yales website and click on support you can email them for a new adapter.

Regards

John

Hi there,

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan,

I have now received the replacement power adapter and all is well, the new adapter makes no noise and gets no hotter than you would expect so it is worth getting in touch with Yale to get a new one.

Regards

JOhn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back