Hotpoint BFI620 not dissolving tablets or cleaning properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Our dishwasher is leaving gritty, dirty residue in the bottom of glasses in the top tray. Also, the tablets do not seem to dissolve properly. The filter appears to be clean and it drains well.

Not sure what to look at next?

Sponsored Links
Are the holes in the spray arms clear I find all sorts clogging them up.

Does the water heat up if not the tablet will not dissolve very well.

Are the holes in the spray arms clear I find all sorts clogging them up.

Does the water heat up if not the tablet will not dissolve very well.

thanks leccy - yes the water is warm. i've cleared the holes in the upper arm and still have the problem. i have noticed that the arm gets lots of water but doesn't rotate. the thin black washer behind the spindle threads has perished and split so i've ordered a new one. i hope this will help.

Sponsored Links
the seal at the rear pipe that the top tray fits onto wears preventing the correct water pressure building up to rotate the arms. Check if the tray slides in and out very easily as it should have some resistance when pushed fully home.

The part looks like this and its the rubber seal in the middle (it wears and allows water to leak instead of going into the top arm)

SPRAY ARM FIXING NUT Part Number: C00054862

http://www.hotpoint-spares.co.uk/dishwashers-bfi620-c-3597_3746.html?page=3&sort=20a

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back