Connecting 40mm plastic to lead waste ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The lead pipe is at least 20 mm bigger in diameter.

Is there a coupler to join these together ??

Flat is above a shop so dont want to slide it inside and silcone if possible.

Sponsored Links
Further to my learned friend's reply.......... :LOL: you can purchase a fitting called a Lead loc which fits onto your lead pipe. You can then go to 15 mm plastic if you use an insert.

Ask at your plumbers merchants who will be able to advise you. :)

Sponsored Links
This post is regarding 40mm WASTE pipe guys.

The last guy I found who was going to teach me how to wipe a lead joint was 83, (I'm still meaning to get back to him).

40mm copper pipe (expensive stuff). flare out mouth of existing lead pipe to form a socket for the 40mm copper pipe, clean lead and copper, mild flux, heat it all up, apply leaded solder all arround ......hope for the best.

NB this is not a wiped joint

40mm push fit will go onto any 40mm copper pipe I have ever bought, but might be wise to check first.

kevplumb said:
you either can wipe a joint or you cant

respect.gif

Of course you can wipe a joint an a lead waste connection, but there's no point going to copper.
These

11259.gif

come in all sizes. Size 1 1/2" (straight cooupling, same size both ends) will fit bigdek's lead and 40mm.

cheers guys.

Lurker , will try plumb center today for that coupler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back