Boiler positioning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
In the midst of building a single story extension and the plan is at some point to replace the back boiler in the living room with a new Vaillant 837 combi which I want to place in the garage on an internal wall.
The vertical flue will terminate through the single story roof and meets regs in accordance with part J.
My question is, before I put in an under ground drain for a garage sink & the condensation waist from the boiler, is that my ideal position is right next to the gas meter, is this a problem because if so I'm going to have to reconsider the idea and as I've got to cut through the existing garage floor slab for the drain I would like to get it right.

Thanks,

Walenut

Sponsored Links
Minimum 150 mm between boiler and meter(electrical), and don't put them in the same enclosure(fire).

Sponsored Links
The biggest consideration with a combi should be the closeness to the main point of use so that hot water delivery is quicker.

Where flue comes through flat roof you will probably need 300mm between the flue terminal and the wall adjacent to it .But instructions will give exact distance

Thanks namsag, single story pitched roof 17 degree's plenty of room around where the flue's going to come out and a good distance to next doors property so all should be ok.

Combi not to far from point of hot water but its got to go in the garage really, I'll pass that problem over to the plumber. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back