Weird Combi probs. Water heating and lower rads. Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone advise me of what might be happening with my combi boiler or rads. What\\\'s happening is that the downstairs rads don\\\'t seem to work if they are turned down to setting 2 or below. Also the water takes ages to get hot if the heating is off(during the day) and the rads have got warm when running the hot taps even though the heating was off. Please, please help! :oops:

Sponsored Links
You have probably got Thermostatic Rad valves to have a "setting 2". They won't come on if it is warm enough already.

You may or may not HAVE a diverter valve. How can you expect answer unless you specify system?

Sponsored Links
Doh! Forgot to say it's a Radiant combi boiler. Yes I have got thermostatic rad valves but the room temperature isn't as high as upstairs according to thermometer yet upstairs rads will come on. Thanks for your replys. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back