Bathroom WC bottom outlet connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Realising this problem has been on the forum before, I have a problem with a different slant.

Just moved into a former council house and the bathroom WC has an S trap (so old it's even got provision for a sink inlet into the outlet!). As we remopdel the bathroom I want to replace the toilet and box in lots of pipework, but the problem is the outlet. Based on what I can see, the waste pipe is a clay 90 degree bend with the collar poking up above the bathroom floor by about 3" and about 10" from wall to pipe centre, best guess on outside diameter of the pipe collar is 180/190mm.

As I can't move the toilet forward, I'm guessing best way would be to cut off the pipe collar (angle grinder springs to mind!) to floor level but am then left wondering how to plumb the toilet pan into what would be a plain clay pipe????

All helpful suggestions welcome!

Sponsored Links
You should be able to fit a pan connector, plus maybe a couple of further bends.

Someone posted a reply a few pages back about obtaining foot outlet pans in the UK. They are universal in the US and some in Amsterdam.

Sponsored Links
Realising this problem has been on the forum before, I have a problem with a different slant.

Just moved into a former council house (so old it's even got provision for a sink inlet into the outlet!). pipe????

All helpful suggestions welcome!
That`s provision for an anti- syphon vent pipe - from the days when plumbers could only afford to rent council houses ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back