baxi combi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our baxi 105 just stopped working one day and the fan light came on. We spent almost 100 pound on a fan only to find this didnt work(hence i'm now left with a fan as it was non returnable) my husband kept fiddling with something on the old fan and everthing came on for around half an hour but then went off. Will i need to replace the pcb as i dont want to pay out again for something that doesnt resolve the problem, any ideas please

Sponsored Links
He has checked the pressure and thats ok, the fan works for a bit and then goes off, the light comes on which indicates there is a fault with the fan but even after replacing the fan the light is still on, thanks

sorry just thought i think he checked the water pressure is this the same thing, thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the APS to me. If the fan is running the it can't be that.

You need an RGI to enter the combustion chamber, by the way.

if its the aps, the fan will run and the 'burner failure will light'. but i agree to change that first as its cheaper than the pcb, if that fails to work, then i'd go for the pcb,

if its the aps, the fan will run and the 'burner failure will light'. but i agree to change that first as its cheaper than the pcb, if that fails to work, then i'd go for the pcb,

not according to the mi,s, ;) its fan runs at max speed > yes, air pressure switch proves > no fan neon lights.

have ya put the tubes to the air pressure switch the right way round? if yes id guess at pcb

It takes under a minute with a multimeter to check whether it's the APS or fan or pcb. You need to be Gas Safe Resistered to touch the fan
You need to be "competent" to touch the boiler at all. That would include electrical checks.

Sounds like there could be some shortcomings...

thanx 2 evryone who has tried to help, we bought the aps and no go, then bought the pcb (altho slightly different) and still no go now there is no pilot lite and it wont fire up, i know we would have maybe saved money if we'd got a repair man out, but we've done this bit by bit and now funds are low, surely we have replaced all the expensive things and yet it still wont work, would be grateful for any more advice, thanx

Hi friends, at last my boiler is working got hot water and just got out of bath its betta than an omg wont say, pcb didnt work at first but my daughters boyfriend spotted the prob, a loose wire or something, so now touting for a job for him he has completed his level 1&2 in plumbing and central heating and is looking for work in the Stockton/Middlesbrough area, yeh u mite ask why i didnt ask him in 1st place but she has just got with him and I didnt realise he was qualified , as he is doing another type of work to bring money in. many thanks to all who answered, this is a great site, hopefully i will not need it anymore but will recomend it 2 my friends, cant thank you all enough. Just cos i can i'm going 4 another bath, thanks again, Sue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back