Shower bar mixer fitting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Decided to add a shower bar to use with my bath but run into abit of a problem on how to secure the bar to the wall.

Its a stud wall and the pipes will run down inside it. But after cutting the holes for the pipes to feed the bar ive run into a BIG problem...i cant figure out how im going to secure the bar to the wall.

Its a Architeckt shower bar from plumbworld (http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/architeckt-profile-540-15900)

p1000483uk.jpg

As you can see the bathroom is finished and i cant get access to behind the wall without making a right old mess of all my cladding.

Any ideas would be a REAL REAL help

Sponsored Links
your stuffed mate :D , you will have to either take the tiles or the cladding off, there is no way (that I know of) that will support your bar mixer on top of the tiles.

Sponsored Links
Toolsation: shower wall plate 27249 £ 19.75 inc vat.

Screw fix: Various from 30.88 upwards. page 540 Cat 12, spring.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Only a DaftyDIY'er or a CC/CCC could do that!!

If the water pressure is good & you can get access from above or below, pull down/up 2 10mm pex pipes & fit a couple of these;

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/bar-mixer-valve-fixing-kit-293-16361[/QUOTE]As daft as it may seem, I have a couple of questions over this plan.

1/. These fxixng kits are for 15mm pipe, but you suggest 10mm pex. How would you get the reducer to work?

2/. The wall is cavity - I'm struggling to see how to get the pipe to bend through the holes without seriously kinking them, or how you could manipulate the end if it has an elbow and long enough offcut in it. :confused:

Don't worry, our dick could do it.....he's a master plumber....he's got "dark arts".

Feed 2 pipes down the cavity with pushfit elbows on, line each pipe up with the hole and push a piece of copper in to each elbow:cool: Then you will be left with 2 copper stalks and use the shower conversion kit suggested above. :rolleyes:

Simple when you know how :LOL: I knew that all along, but I thought the op might be shy in asking ;)

Just one more question on his behalf - how do you fix the leak back there :eek:

Don't worry, our dick could do it.....he's a master plumber....he's got "dark arts".............................And a sister in the WRENS...... ;)

Come sit with me, kiss my ring, don't speak as you are a foolish CC/CCC. Listen to the Master & he will teach you the Dark Arts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back