extension costs? can anyone assits please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know no one can give exact prices, but i am looking for a little advice prior to deciding if it is worth getting a few builders in to quote - i don't want to waste their time if i cannot afford the work!

We currently have a single storey extension with the foundations dug deep enough to house a 1st story ontop of the original extension.

We are looking to build an extension that is 4.5 x 2.8m. Our neighbours have had the same job done, so our houses extensions would meet. I have spoken to the local council planning team and they see no reason why we couldn't have it done as planning wa granted previously and there are many houses in the road that have also had this work done.

Anyway, has anyone any advice on how we can cost the job ie online tools, or could anyone give me a ball park on what i could expect to pay out for materials and labour?

I ideally would like the estimates separated as i have family members who a joiner, a plaster and an electrician and gas fitter who have said they will do this at cheap day rates (we are calling in a few favours!) as long as we purchase all meterials etc

Sponsored Links
Think of a number and double it, just finished mine and by time i finished, i have spent almost double what i orginally guestimated that i would have spent! Gud luck

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back