DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Trolley jack wont lower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Car Repairs / Maintenance
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
GillGill

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote

I have just bought a new trolley jack and when i tried it out it goes up no problem but i am unable to lower it.What i am thinking is that i am glad i did not use it to jack my car up without assembling it and trying it out in the house.

It is a Streetwise 2 Tonne hydraulic trolley jack,i would be grateful for any help with this problem.
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
jonnyfishing

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote

Try putting your weight on it with the drop valve open.

icon_wink.gif
 Alert Moderators
GillGill

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Hi jonny,thanks for your reply,i have got it sorted now but i appreciate your help.
 Alert Moderators
Mickymoody

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote

GillGill wrote:
I have just bought a new trolley jack and when i tried it out it goes up no problem but i am unable to lower it.What i am thinking is that i am glad i did not use it to jack my car up without assembling it and trying it out in the house.

It is a Streetwise 2 Tonne hydraulic trolley jack,i would be grateful for any help with this problem.

There is so much innuendo...I posted 3 times, and deleted, at risk of offense. No offense OP, but really? You tried a 2 tonne jack in your house, and it wouldn't retract? Because there was no weight on it to enable it to retract? I'm still amazed.

Really? Did you just say that? Are you living in the Big Brother house?

Sorry, you pumped up a 2 tonne trolley jack, and it DIDN'T retract, because no weight was upon it? Have I got that bit right?

Gravity doesn't weigh over two tonnes, otherwise the jack would be useless. You would be pumping the jack for years, so when would the gravity of the Earth take over to defeat your jack?

I think this has got to be the most stupid post that I've ever seen in any forum in my life.

But good on ya GillGill for posting it! Don't take offense!
 Alert Moderators
freddymercurystwin

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quote

It wasn't the best of posts but then you came along Mickymoody and posted more of your utter drivel yet again letting yourself down.
 Alert Moderators
jctilingservices

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Mickymoody wrote:
GillGill wrote:

There is so much innuendo...I posted 3 times, and deleted, at risk of offense. No offense OP, but really? You tried a 2 tonne jack in your house, and it wouldn't retract? Because there was no weight on it to enable it to retract? I'm still amazed.

Sorry, you pumped up a 2 tonne trolley jack, and it DIDN'T retract, because no weight was upon it? Have I got that bit right?

Gravity doesn't weigh over two tonnes, otherwise the jack would be useless. You would be pumping the jack for years, so when would the gravity of the Earth take over to defeat your jack?

I think this has got to be the most stupid post that I've ever seen in any forum in my life.

Mickymoody,
are you infact saying a trolley jack with NO weight on it will NOT retract? if so you are WRONG mate
 Alert Moderators
Mickymoody

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:44 am Reply with quote

jctilingservices wrote:
Mickymoody wrote:
GillGill wrote:

Mickymoody,
are you infact saying a trolley jack with NO weight on it will NOT retract? if so you are WRONG mate

A trolley jack that retracts with weight on it is called murder. A trolley jack that retracts with no weight on it it called faulty. It will EVENTUALLY decompress, but not without manual help, unless it is broken.

Unless you know better and own a "Streetwise 2 tonne hydralic trolley jack", and know better?
 Alert Moderators
jctilingservices

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote

Mickymoody wrote:
jctilingservices wrote:
Mickymoody wrote:
GillGill wrote:

Mickymoody,

A trolley jack that retracts with weight on it is called murder. A trolley jack that retracts with no weight on it it called faulty. It will EVENTUALLY decompress, but not without manual help, unless it is broken.

Unless you know better and own a "Streetwise 2 tonne hydralic trolley jack", and know better?

i dont know better mate, but i have 2 trolley jacks a 3 tonne and a 2 tonne and both are less than 12 month old, BOTH will retract when at full height and the handle turned, 3 tonne jack is a sealey, 2 tonne jack is a draper, surely both of them cannot be faulty with the same fault?
 Alert Moderators
jetex

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote

Mickymoody, you're talking drivel. Any trolley jack will lower under it's own weight if the release valve is opened fully.
 Alert Moderators
Mickymoody

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quote

jetex wrote:
Mickymoody, you're talking drivel. Any trolley jack will lower under it's own weight if the release valve is opened fully.

By example - the OP's post suggested the alternative. Therefore justifying my comments, and means you talk drivel. The OP's trolleyjack doesn't retract under it's own weight, so retract that statement, and apologise. Do people read a thread thesedays?
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Car Repairs / Maintenance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: