DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Trolley jack wont lower


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Car Repairs / Maintenance
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GillGill

from United Kingdom

Joined: 31 Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote

I have just bought a new trolley jack and when i tried it out it goes up no problem but i am unable to lower it.What i am thinking is that i am glad i did not use it to jack my car up without assembling it and trying it out in the house.

It is a Streetwise 2 Tonne hydraulic trolley jack,i would be grateful for any help with this problem.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
jonnyfishing

from United Kingdom

Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 587
Location: Manchester,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 27 times

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote

Try putting your weight on it with the drop valve open.

icon_wink.gif
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
GillGill

from United Kingdom

Joined: 31 Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Hi jonny,thanks for your reply,i have got it sorted now but i appreciate your help.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Mickymoody

from United Kingdom

Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 3336
Location: Manchester,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 55 times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote

GillGill wrote:
I have just bought a new trolley jack and when i tried it out it goes up no problem but i am unable to lower it.What i am thinking is that i am glad i did not use it to jack my car up without assembling it and trying it out in the house.

It is a Streetwise 2 Tonne hydraulic trolley jack,i would be grateful for any help with this problem.


There is so much innuendo...I posted 3 times, and deleted, at risk of offense. No offense OP, but really? You tried a 2 tonne jack in your house, and it wouldn't retract? Because there was no weight on it to enable it to retract? I'm still amazed.

Really? Did you just say that? Are you living in the Big Brother house?

Sorry, you pumped up a 2 tonne trolley jack, and it DIDN'T retract, because no weight was upon it? Have I got that bit right?

Gravity doesn't weigh over two tonnes, otherwise the jack would be useless. You would be pumping the jack for years, so when would the gravity of the Earth take over to defeat your jack?

I think this has got to be the most stupid post that I've ever seen in any forum in my life.

But good on ya GillGill for posting it! Don't take offense!
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
freddymercurystwin

from United Kingdom

Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 13110
Location: Devon,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 1362 times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quote

It wasn't the best of posts but then you came along Mickymoody and posted more of your utter drivel yet again letting yourself down.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
jctilingservices

from United Kingdom

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 1066
Location: Tyne and Wear,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 138 times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Mickymoody wrote:
GillGill wrote:
I have just bought a new trolley jack and when i tried it out it goes up no problem but i am unable to lower it.What i am thinking is that i am glad i did not use it to jack my car up without assembling it and trying it out in the house.

It is a Streetwise 2 Tonne hydraulic trolley jack,i would be grateful for any help with this problem.


There is so much innuendo...I posted 3 times, and deleted, at risk of offense. No offense OP, but really? You tried a 2 tonne jack in your house, and it wouldn't retract? Because there was no weight on it to enable it to retract? I'm still amazed.

Really? Did you just say that? Are you living in the Big Brother house?

Sorry, you pumped up a 2 tonne trolley jack, and it DIDN'T retract, because no weight was upon it? Have I got that bit right?

Gravity doesn't weigh over two tonnes, otherwise the jack would be useless. You would be pumping the jack for years, so when would the gravity of the Earth take over to defeat your jack?

I think this has got to be the most stupid post that I've ever seen in any forum in my life.

But good on ya GillGill for posting it! Don't take offense!




Mickymoody,
are you infact saying a trolley jack with NO weight on it will NOT retract? if so you are WRONG mate
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Mickymoody

from United Kingdom

Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 3336
Location: Manchester,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 55 times

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:44 am Reply with quote

jctilingservices wrote:
Mickymoody wrote:
GillGill wrote:
I have just bought a new trolley jack and when i tried it out it goes up no problem but i am unable to lower it.What i am thinking is that i am glad i did not use it to jack my car up without assembling it and trying it out in the house.

It is a Streetwise 2 Tonne hydraulic trolley jack,i would be grateful for any help with this problem.


There is so much innuendo...I posted 3 times, and deleted, at risk of offense. No offense OP, but really? You tried a 2 tonne jack in your house, and it wouldn't retract? Because there was no weight on it to enable it to retract? I'm still amazed.

Really? Did you just say that? Are you living in the Big Brother house?

Sorry, you pumped up a 2 tonne trolley jack, and it DIDN'T retract, because no weight was upon it? Have I got that bit right?

Gravity doesn't weigh over two tonnes, otherwise the jack would be useless. You would be pumping the jack for years, so when would the gravity of the Earth take over to defeat your jack?

I think this has got to be the most stupid post that I've ever seen in any forum in my life.

But good on ya GillGill for posting it! Don't take offense!




Mickymoody,
are you infact saying a trolley jack with NO weight on it will NOT retract? if so you are WRONG mate


A trolley jack that retracts with weight on it is called murder. A trolley jack that retracts with no weight on it it called faulty. It will EVENTUALLY decompress, but not without manual help, unless it is broken.

Unless you know better and own a "Streetwise 2 tonne hydralic trolley jack", and know better?
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
jctilingservices

from United Kingdom

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 1066
Location: Tyne and Wear,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 138 times

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote

Mickymoody wrote:
jctilingservices wrote:
Mickymoody wrote:
GillGill wrote:
I have just bought a new trolley jack and when i tried it out it goes up no problem but i am unable to lower it.What i am thinking is that i am glad i did not use it to jack my car up without assembling it and trying it out in the house.

It is a Streetwise 2 Tonne hydraulic trolley jack,i would be grateful for any help with this problem.


There is so much innuendo...I posted 3 times, and deleted, at risk of offense. No offense OP, but really? You tried a 2 tonne jack in your house, and it wouldn't retract? Because there was no weight on it to enable it to retract? I'm still amazed.

Really? Did you just say that? Are you living in the Big Brother house?

Sorry, you pumped up a 2 tonne trolley jack, and it DIDN'T retract, because no weight was upon it? Have I got that bit right?

Gravity doesn't weigh over two tonnes, otherwise the jack would be useless. You would be pumping the jack for years, so when would the gravity of the Earth take over to defeat your jack?

I think this has got to be the most stupid post that I've ever seen in any forum in my life.

But good on ya GillGill for posting it! Don't take offense!




Mickymoody,
are you infact saying a trolley jack with NO weight on it will NOT retract? if so you are WRONG mate


A trolley jack that retracts with weight on it is called murder. A trolley jack that retracts with no weight on it it called faulty. It will EVENTUALLY decompress, but not without manual help, unless it is broken.

Unless you know better and own a "Streetwise 2 tonne hydralic trolley jack", and know better?



i dont know better mate, but i have 2 trolley jacks a 3 tonne and a 2 tonne and both are less than 12 month old, BOTH will retract when at full height and the handle turned, 3 tonne jack is a sealey, 2 tonne jack is a draper, surely both of them cannot be faulty with the same fault?
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
jetex

from United Kingdom

Joined: 09 Aug 2010
Posts: 149
Location: Merseyside,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 22 times

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote

Mickymoody, you're talking drivel. Any trolley jack will lower under it's own weight if the release valve is opened fully.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Mickymoody

from United Kingdom

Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Posts: 3336
Location: Manchester,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 55 times

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:37 am Reply with quote

jetex wrote:
Mickymoody, you're talking drivel. Any trolley jack will lower under it's own weight if the release valve is opened fully.


By example - the OP's post suggested the alternative. Therefore justifying my comments, and means you talk drivel. The OP's trolleyjack doesn't retract under it's own weight, so retract that statement, and apologise. Do people read a thread thesedays?
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Car Repairs / Maintenance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Similar Topics   Replies   Views   Posted 
Using trolley jack instead of standard car jack 7 3820 Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:17 am
Aluminium trolley jack? 6 140 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 am
Trolley Jack Questions 8 640 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:29 pm
Trolley jack damage to my car 5 920 Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:09 pm
Trolley Jack 12 940 Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm


 
DIYnot
Find an Expert | Find a Supplier | Search DIYnot.com
Network | Advertising | Newsletter
DIY | DIY How To | @home | DIY Wiki | DIY Forum
By using this site you agree to our Terms of Service / Disclaimer.
Please read our Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2000-2014 DIYnot Limited.