Yale Burglar Alarm problems clearing a fault HSA6400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just installed the Yale Premium Home Alarm and thought we had cracked it until we forgot to replace the rubber stopper on the control panel, which we have now mounted on the wall. It is showing a tamper fault which means we cannot set the alarm. I can't find any information in the instructions as to how you cancel/reset the fault without restoring to factory settings which we don't want to do. Anyone got a simple solution for us? Thanks BrenthamFrank

Sponsored Links
Clearing the fault log is quite easy.

press the 'prog' button
Then enter your code
Then press the 'tick' button

You will now see the menu with 'Fault log' as the first option

press the 'tick' button when the cursor is next to the fault log display and you will then see a list of the faults.
Press the down arrow until you have read all the listed faults then press the very top 'backspace' button.
You will be then given the option to clear the fault log
Press tick to clear the log.
If the orange light still stays on then the fault is still present.

make sure the panel is pushed firmly down on the mount or the panel tamper will keep showing.

Thanks very much for your reply. We had already gone down the fault log route without any success but when I tightened the mounting and then replaced the control panel it resolved the problem. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Logged in to say thanks as well,that was my problem,thought I had bought a dud!!!
Thanks yaleguy3

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back