Telephone extention help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just installed a telephone extention from my master socket down the stairs to a bedroom up the stairs, the problem is tht i am not getting a dial tone on the exstention when i plug a phone in to it, if i unplug the phone from down the stairs and plug in the phone up the stairs i am getting a dial tone. I hooked up the cables 2 and 5 from the master to 2 and 5 on the extention socket up the stairs. I really need some help please am at my wits end.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
have you kept the same colour code in each socket?
and made sure the wires are making contact in the groves by using the correct punch tool?
eliminated any damage along the cable?
and have you connected the ringer wire? - pin 3 if its on Virginmedia.

hope this helps.

If one of your phones is working at both sockets (upstairs and down) then it sounds like you have a faulty phone not socket. Does the phone you had plugged into the new socket work when you plug it in the old socket downstairs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back