Eurosec CPX - tamper reset??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Eurosec CPX which is causing some grief!

We were doing some decorating and one of the wireless PIR's got knocked - this caused the alarm to go off unexpectedly (quite a fright!)

When I entered the unset code the alarm silenced but now when I set the system it goes off after 30 seconds even if no one is in any of the areas covered which I assume means I need to do a reset of some sort.

My installer is no longer in business and most local companies dont seem to want to touch it with a bargepole or are quoting £200 + VAT to sort it but I managed to get a copy of the Engineers Programming Guide from the manufacturer and have done a reset of the engineer code by disconnecting the power etc as I obviously didn't know what it was set to.

Is it an engineer reset what I need to do? There is another section in the programming guide under "programming reset modes" which refers to an option for "Tamper Reset = Eng + Anti" and I am not sure if maybe that is it?

Once I get that sorted, I also would like to add a new PIR to a new room - can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get one and give any guidance on how to add it to the system?

Thanks

Jase

Sponsored Links
How did u do a reset of an engineer code? Cause disconnecting the power is not enough.
Thanx.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back