2 pump's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if this should work??.
I have the flow in the attic of a bungalow and that drop's down to the hotpress where there is a wilo pump.
After this pump there is a tee with 1 pipe going to cylinder and the other going to the primary heating in the floor.
What i was thinking of doing was branching off the flow in the attic and running a new flow to the 2 rad's in the conservetry, but where i teed off the flow in the attic i was going to stick a pump on there which would only be used for the 2 rad's in the conservetry.
I will be adding 3 zone valves in the future with all the stat's and 3 channell programmer when finances allow.

Sponsored Links
not 100% sure what you are trying to do other than put a pump in to run 2 rads.

but if the system is to work then the 2nd pump, must be supplied by the first or run in parallel with it
if they are to run in series then they should be same size or the 1st bigger, if you run them in parallel then they must be same size.

the first 1 must always be on when the 2nd is active if in series.

kev

Was'nt sure if i needed 2 pumps or 1 as the main pump is in the hotpress and if i was to tee in after the main pump i would have to run back up into the attic and across about 8 meters and then drop down.
Where as i was thinking of branching into the main flow in the attic before the the 1st pump so i thought i would need a second pump to circulate just for the flow to the conservatory

no problem with what you proposing but you will have fit the zone valve with the pump to control the flow in your new zone, are there zone valves fitted to your hot water/heating at the moment?

Sponsored Links
There are no zone valves at the moment
I will be fitting them in another month or so

then I would leave it until you can fit all the zone valves.

the intention i have is to have the zone valve and pump in the attic for the conservatory and where the pump is in the hotpress is to add 2 zones i for hw and i for htg of main house
does that sound about right
also would that mean that both the pumps would be working in series

thanks

if you tee off the main flow from the boiler then your pumps wont be in series if they are on different legs of the tee, the three zone valves sound ok

so picasso the tee in the attic for the conservatery is that working in parallel
to the other 2 zones that would be off their own tee's
just unsure about the wording from kevingas

Also the zone package i'm getting is the horstmann h37xl which comes with it's own wiring center
Is there any specific way of wiring 2 pumps to the one wiring center

thanks

so picasso the tee in the attic for the conservatery is that working in parallel
to the other 2 zones that would be off their own tee's
just unsure about the wording from kevingas

yes they would be in parallel

the zone valves have a micro switchs that are used to start the pumps, if you look at a honeywell s plan plus wiring diagram it will show how to wire but you,ll need to adapt it for the extra pump.

picasso when you say i need to adapt it does it mean that the hw and htg for main house go like this that the orange wire on 2 of the zone valves go to 1 pump
and the orange wire from the 3rd zone valve go to the pump for the conservatry

yes thats right, the orange fires the boiler as well, you will have to use relays to stop the backfeed from the orange starting both the pumps whan only one is needed.

picasso the wiring center has 12 connections so the boiler and pump live go into number 12 with 2 orange wire's from 2 of the valves
so would i be able to add on say a number 13 connection and connect live boiler and orange from 3rd valve, or if that still causes backfeed could you give me any links for these relays

picasso would i be right in thinking that you wire one pump and switched live into one side and on the other side you connect the other pump and the 2 s/l

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back