GAS HOB IGNITION WONT STOP FIRING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ELECTROLUX GAS HOB
MODEL: EHG641

Hello

My gas hob wont stop firing when power is turned on. All x4 poles are constantly sparking as soon as the power to the hob is on.

Is anyone familiar with this ? can you advise on what to do next in order to solve this problem.

Any advice most appreciated
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Is this the type that has a separate ignitor button? If so disconnect it & if the problem stops then you probably have water in the switch, if it is the type that automatically ignites when you turn on the gas then it would seem that the control unit is faulty.

Hi thanks for replying

Well no its not separate. The ignition spark is usually activated by pushing the gas 'knobs' in whilst turning. You push whichever gas 'knob' in and turn at same time to let the gas flow, according to which gas ring you want to fire up.[/b]

PROBLEM SOLVED

One of the gas knobs had some greese built up inside it which was causing the built in ignition to stick. I removed the knob and cleaned the part it slots on to (this is the actual part that the outer knob slots onto and is turned and pressed down by the knob)

Sponsored Links
Thank you for this! I cleaned underneath all knobs and the problem is fixed! Didn't have to call out a serviceman after all, and has saved me about $120! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back