cannot find installer!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been called to a site that we look after (its anew one on our patch) we have been requested to upgrade the system to a grade 2 with comms,

but we have a little problem,

we cannot find the end station!!!!!!

now the site is in Bristol and was fitted by a company called PRO-TEC security systems (nothing to do with the big Protec fire/security or any of the protec/protec on google

is there anyone in the Bristol area who has any idea who and or were this company is!!!

we have looked everywere and by this i mean everywere.
so if anyone knows of this firm i would be really grateful

oh its a scanny 9751 with a 9930 rkp, but an invisible end station!!!

john

Sponsored Links
I take it is powered up and working!, if so the end station might be behind a partition, went to one and it was behind the MDF removable panel in the toilet covering the cistern workings!!

Can you find a spare core from the keypad and put an inductive tone down it and try and trace?

Sponsored Links
thanks for that i hadnt thought of that.

yep the system is in full working order its just a scanny that cannot be used for comms, thats the only reason we are taking it out!!

other than that its an ok system

i am returning to the site on monday, mob handed, to have another go at finding it!!
it will make life so much easier than re wiring the whole site (as it has three floor, with access doors and windows etc etc etc)

John

Hi John we also use cable tracers they save lots of time. We have had one job where the cu was placed under the first floor floorboards. The new owner would not believe me when I said from the tone tracer on several cable points traced back to there. Needless to say we moved it.

Grahame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back