Zanussi FJS 1225W. jumps about!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, my problem is the machine starts to spin before the water has emptied out fully, or, maybe it's trying to spin to fast, anyway it then jumps violently for a couple of seconds before stopping, if left it will carry on with
the program, but other times it just stops compeltley,
Iv'e checked the pump, it's clean and works ok.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a drain problem. If the filter is clear and plumbing is ok there may be a restriction in the sump hose (ever wondered why we end up with odd socks?) It could also be worn out pump. Try rotating the impellor by hand, it should have magnetic resistance about every quarter turn. If not then the pump is suspect. If the machine does run overspeed that could point to a defective tacho, or in the worst event a pcb issue. However I would look into a possible drain problem first.

Thanks for the reply Zipper, I've removed the Drain pipe, it's clear, and
i've checked the pump, it does have the resistance you mentioned, also
the copper windings are clean and shiney, Iv'e just changed the brushes to the main motor
as well 2 days ago, how does the machine know when to start spinning?
is there a water level sensor? or does it work on decreasing pressure?
if I change round the 2 orange wires on the pump, will it turn the other way?
I'm thinking it may make a difference if the wires are the wrong way round,
I havn't actully disconected the wires, so they are as fitted by zanussi,
thanks for your help...

Direction of pump rotation is immaterial & changing the leads will make no difference. Did you check the sump hose? (the big black one that goes from the drum to the pump). It worries me a little when you say you changed the brushes...did this problem exist before they were changed?

Sponsored Links
yes, the problem was the machine stopped mid cycle, so i changed the brushes, there was an improvment, but it still stops, but only on the rince
stage, it wants to spin fast before the water has drained, causing the machine
to jump, it then stops by itself and won't proceed. the old brushes were a
good 10 mm shorter than the new one's,.... no, i hav'nt checked the big black hose from the drum, maybe i should check that? .... the machine has marks on the back casing where this has happened before 2-3 years ago, but has worked happily since, could be an intermiten fault, have checked tacho, it's
not loose & wire are attached.... thanks again for your help...

Hi, Just thought I'd Let you know that the machine is now running well,
working as it should, it would seem that the new carbon brushes i fitted
the other day, have bedded in because my sister had the machine running
all day today without a hitch. anyway, thanks zipper for your help........

Good news that the machine functions now.
I don't want to burst any bubbles, but I fear this problem may reoccur. If & when it does post queries on the same thread...I do hope I am wrong. Good luck :D

I did think it might happen again.. just hope it doesn't, they ordered a new
machine for a friday delivery, but cancelled it yesterday! thanks again for
your help Zipper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back