Boiler gas light turns on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am hopeing someone could help me with my Ravenheat RSF 84ET boiler.

I have come across a few issues over the years which either required replacing the sensor or I belive the pilot.

I have come across a new issue where the gas light shows - I can hear the boiler trying to ignite, but after awhile the gas lght comes on. I believe it is either the honeywell electrics or the gas valve. Anyone have any thoughts?

Also, how much should it cost (part+labour) to get this resolved?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying HERTSDRAINAGE2010, we have already called out an engineer and I was given an estimation of £130 for parts which excludes labour costs.

Does this sound about right for the problem I am having?

Sorry, just to correct myself we were quoted £260 to replace the gas valve, this aso excludes labour.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hopefully when the 'gas' boys get home from there busy day,:LOL: they can tell you if this is a good price.

Andy

£140,000 +vat for me to do it as I am guessing how far to travel, if you live at the top of a castle, parking charges, congestion charges, not being there to see if the boiler is fixed on the ceiling in the dark and I need a cherry picker...............

most engineers in my area (north) is about £65 to diagnose & repair labour only

Just spoke to another engineer who said it could be the gas valve/electronics or the front panel. He has advised that I buy a new boiler, cause he is not too sure what part could be the problem and does not want to waste our money.

He has said a worchester boiler is good, but did not specify a model. Anyone have any specific recommendations? I'm looking at around £500.

He has said a worchester boiler is good, but did not specify a model. Anyone have any specific recommendations? I'm looking at around £500.

For £500 you won't get a Worcester, and if you thinking £500 for boiler and fitted you've no chance, you'd be lucky if you get a single point water heater fitted for that.

Pilot injector gets blocked on these and prevents full burner, if i have the correct model. £500 i hope you dont mean fitting aswell if you dont closest you will get for a decent top en middle of the range boiler is a main combi he however they are slightly deared than £500, also this is with standard flue, vertical kits add between £150 and £200 on these, also in mu opinion they are better than any of the Worcester Greenstar range, Worcester used to be the dogs, but has gone right down hill in recent years

Thanks for the replies.

OLLIE20, would you know where the pilot injector is in the boiler or what it looks like. The engineer has not mentioned this and may have just missed it.

stemull, the engineer will take 250 pounds for the install, It seems I was abit optimistic with the boiler price, so I'll fork out more cash to get an A-rated boiler.

adlplumbing, I live in Manchester.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back