really dumb question about an Sds drill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I know I'm going to sound really stupid but......

I've borrowed a makita sds drill. The plug has 3 long circular prongs. What does this have to go into? I presume you can't just put a 13amp on it (?) But what do I need? some sort of convertor?

Sponsored Links
The colour matters because IEC 60309 connectors are colour coded. It's a 110V drill. You need to go and borrow the transformer too.

Sponsored Links
the plug is yellow. why does this matter?

It matters much, because yellow indicates 110v, blue indicates 230v. You'll need a 110v site transformer:

SDTR750SLASH1X.JPG

The mate that loaned you the drill should have given you one of these at the same time.

ahh ok. The guy I've borrowed it off has gone away. How much is a transformer? or is it best to hire?

ahh ok. The guy I've borrowed it off has gone away. How much is a transformer? or is it best to hire?

About £50 to buy. Hiring one (or another drill) is an option. Or someone else might be willing to lend you a transformer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back