Alpha Ocean 240p no ignition or neon light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha 240p and the boiler wont fire up for water or heating, and the Igniting light has stopped working too, any Idea's

Many thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Are you on a pre-payment meter? Has the gas ran out?

Checked the main fuse in the switched fused outlet?

Basics first.

CHecked the water pressure? See FAQ on filling loops

The water pressure is in the green, I have checked the main fuse in the switch on the wall and thats ok swapped it with my kettle fuse. No Gas supply is fine, when you usaully turn the water/heating on usually the yellow/orange light goes on and it ignites, just before it stopped working this kept going on and off multiple times, with a kind of clicking sound?

Sponsored Links
How would I check this?the fan does cut in and I have changed the thing at the top that goes into the side of the fan ?? Sorry dont know the name of it. I downloaded the manual and the flow chart says if the light doesnt come on its the PCB. It wont ignite via the igniter either, the last guy that looked at it lit it with a cooker hob lighter ?

From what you are now describing, I can only recommend getting a different RGI from last time.

I will change the fuse to a 3a but its been a 13a since it was installed I am guessing cos I never changed it but thanks for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back