System test and new concrete.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having renovations done to an old flat ( installing new showerroom and kitchen). The PVC pipe work, with pushfitting joints, is in concrete. The system hasn't yet been tested and the 'plumber' has concreted them in. When I expressed concerns he says if there is a leak the pressure will drop and we'll know about it. Do I remove the concrete before it sets or just keep my fingers crossed? Help!

Sponsored Links
He is right in what he says if by what he means he will be air testing the pipework. Would have been smart to test before concreting mind you.

what numpty puts pushfit joints in a screed floor ? :rolleyes:

same numpty that dosent test it BEFORE its concreted in
dunce.gif

Sponsored Links
He is right in what he says if by what he means he will be air testing the pipework. Would have been smart to test before concreting mind you.
I'm not sure he was referring to an air test. More to do with putting the combi on - I think.
Looks like I need to lift the concrete before it sets. Must be a lesson for me somewhere here. Beware of logo t-shirts and fancy vans.???

When using plastic and push fit, I never have any joints in the screed.

I hope you saw him put the plastic pipe inside a protective conduit as well, before screeding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back