Problem with Powermax 155x boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Powermax HE 155x combination boiler keeps displaying 'A01' on the digital display screen and fails to produce any hot water.

I can press a reset button to get the boiler going again but more often than not it will switch back to the 'A01' mode with no hot water being produced.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Any help much appreciated :D

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Arguably the most dreadful machine in the country. Get Baxi to do it for fixed fee repair. Most installers won't touch them.

A01 is a failure to light code.Could be any thing and needs expert attention.Best bet is as suggested and call Baxi.There has been a safety issue with this boiler and Baxi engineer will check this for you.DO NOT attempt diy.

Sponsored Links
Please ensure you have the serial number on hand when you phone baxi. If your flue collector has not been changed and is faulty the engineer will not be given adequate time to do this job and will not be able to repair your blr on the first visit. PLEASE GIVE THE FULL SERIAL NUMBER AND ASK THE CALL HANDLER TO CHECK TO SEE IF A FLUE COLLECTOR IS REQUIRED. serial number behind top front panel: pull and lift

Yes your boiler is a powermax 150 if it is an HE model! and is very differant to the 155x which these guys are saying about the safety issues!
I would however recommend getting an expert in as said before A01 means its locking out due to ignition failure which means it could be electrodes or ignitor or pcb or gas valve :confused:

Please ensure you have the serial number on hand when you phone baxi. If your flue collector has not been changed and is faulty the engineer will not be given adequate time to do this job and will not be able to repair your blr on the first visit. PLEASE GIVE THE FULL SERIAL NUMBER AND ASK THE CALL HANDLER TO CHECK TO SEE IF A FLUE COLLECTOR IS REQUIRED. serial number behind top front panel: pull and lift

Thankfully i dont work in Manchester and wont be getting that job :LOL:

;) :LOL: really don't mind them as long as i get the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back