Skoda Octavia Ambient 1.6i 2003 Rear Wiper not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All I have a Skoda Octavia Ambient 1.6i 2003 but the Rear Wiper does not work anymore. Stared the car one morning noticed the rear wiper working intermittently and then stop when the switch was off! now it will spray water but will not wipe! I tried to find the fuse box under the drivers side but it was not there, please also advise where this maybe? Any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks

Sponsored Links
If its the same as the Fabia, open the drivers door and the fuses are under a panel in the dashboard end.
I suspect that your wiper motor has a self park function fault though, as you say it was moving when switched off.
John :)

Dear Burnerman

Many thanks for your reply how do I cure this problem?

Bit of an awkward one, but I'd disconnect the wiring plug to the motor, and with the wiper switch on at the column stalk I'd be looking for 12 volts at one or more of the terminals - bearing in mind that these will have a delay wipe and a constant wipe so there may be more contacts than you might expect.
I would also check out the relay that controls the wiper, after asking Mr Skoda where it was.
In fact, pay the Skoda service manager a visit - there's a fair chance he has seen this before.
If you want to get stuck in further, I'd then exhume the wiper motor, take it apart and short out the park switch inside. Easier said than done but I have done this before a good while ago.
The self park system allows the motor to still receive juice even with the column switch off, if you catch my drift.

Sponsored Links
Dear Burnerman

Many thanks for the advice took the whole unit apart, motor was saturated with water. Used Hair Dryer to dry all the componeents out, re-assembled and Motor works like a dream again,Many thanks for all your help was really useful.

Well done you, thats a great result! :D
Maybe the water in the motor has come from the washer pipe, that I believe goes through the centre of the motor shaft?

Hi Burnerman

Yes the water appears to have come from this area though I did examine the seals and nothing apperared to be wrong with them. The water went past the Brass Bearings of the mpotor shaft into the motor magnets and electrode brushes. Am really suprised motor did not short beacuse if so much water in it.

Sponsored Links
Back