lighting poblem in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my garage got broken into a few days ago so i decided to fit 2 more security lights 1 light works fine, the other one which is connected to its own fuse, blows the rcd every time you connect a live wire to the light
i have changed the light and all the wiring to the wylex board, which was fitted by an electrician a couple of years ago
any help would be very grateful
thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the neutral terminated in the right hole? Can you upload a labeled pic?

neutral is terminated in board correctly and light correctly i have changed the wiing to the board and to the light without any luck

Sponsored Links
Can you connect a temporary light to the end of the cable? this will eliminate the old light as the cause(if it works) if not you have a problem with your cable.

Take a picture of the CU with cover off, I think theres a neutral in the wrong place.

you've put a switch in I presume?
get us photo's of that..

odds are that you've mixed up a black switched live and a neutral.. causing a direct short when you operate the switch..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back