Any genuine computer repairers in Blackburn?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have given our computer to a self-styled "expert" who was an Asian bloke in an old shop in the town, to try to get it running faster. All he did was hand it over to one of his gofers while he concentrated on the more lucrative stuff, writing websites for companies. This gentleman wiped everything including our precious family photos and reinstalled the software probably from some old CD he had lying around. The consequence is that the computer is now running so slowly that even windows and web pages, when closed, disappear slowly downwards while we sit and watch.

It's a disaster. We are tempted to throw it out of the window and buy a new computer but then we have the hassle of transferring over all our iTunes music etc and by throwing it away we are just admitting defeat and perpetuating the "don't repair" culture.

There used to be someone who posted on here and had a business in Blackburn repairing computers - anybody got any leads?

Sponsored Links
Really wish I was closer to you. Ther is nothing worse than losing all your pictures. Sorry I dont know any one up in Blackburn... Pity I dont still work over there I would have sorted it for you ....

Dave :( :(

Did you specify that anything could be deleted? The pictures are still recoverable. If the service they provided didn't conform to what you requested, then why pay them?

Easiest way to speed up a computer, is wipe the HDisk, then reinstall data back onto it.

Sponsored Links
Back