Vaillant Ecotech plus 418 - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
About a year ago we had a Vailliant Ecotech 418 boiler installed.

However recently we are having problems with either luke warm water or no hot water. The boiler will fire up and then shut down with error code message - S 7 appears.

Please could you advise what this error code means and potential problem this could be and remedy.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide

Sponsored Links
S7 is a status code, not an error code.

Most likely an external control/valve problem.

Thank you for your replies. I have checked the pump in the airing cupboard and when the boiler is on this heats up and you can hear/feel this running.

Is there another pump inside the Vaillant boiler. The boiler is still under warranty, would this be covered under this?

Sponsored Links
There isnt a pump in your boiler.
It is unlikely to be a problem with the boiler hence unlikely to be covered by warranty.
What temperature is the boiler set to?
You proberbly need to check this with the bottom dial, the one with the radiator symbol on it. When you move this dial does the display change?
These boilerrs are known for the knob spindles breaking and leaving user unable to alter temperature.
Usually the dial with the hot water temp isnt used and can confuse customers unless this has been explained to them (and they have remembered)
I suspect either you are using the wrong dial to control your boiler or
The pump in knackered or
you have an air lock or something else impeding proper circulation.
or spindle bust

Mrgas thank you for your reply.

The bottom dial is set at 74 and when i move the dial the numbers do change.

Looks like I will have to get someone in to have a look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back