Help with telephone line (wiring) please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a telephone wire that i am looking t connect into a socket.

It is a 7-core cable with the cores as follows:

1) cream
2) cream
3) cream
4) green
5) white
6) black
7) orange

could someone please tell me how to connect these into a phone socket?

many thanks, Jamie.

Sponsored Links
You will have to tell us a lot more.
Where is coming from? What do you want to connect it into and what are you trying to do?

The 7 wire cable sounds like a dropwire. The yellow (cream?) wires being the supporting steel wires with no electrical connection to them.
The cable pairs are orange / white, and green / black. Orange / white is usually connected to A and B of the NTE. Sometimes green / black is used.

But why would you have disconnected your telephone line? The NTE and dropwire is usually the responsibility of your service provider.

Sponsored Links
it got cut when i renovated my house because it was in the wrong place. I thought the 'cream' cores may be for structure but they are cables? Are they definitely not functional? thanks for help, appreciated.

They are defiantly strengtheners. The line is more than likey on the orange/White connected to a/b or 5/2. The green/black would be for a second line typically.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back