kitchen wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need some advice for a kitchen ring.
Is it necessary to fit an isolator above the worktop for any outlets below the worktop? This would in relation to a washing machine single switched socket and for an outlet to feed ignition/ timer for gas cooker.

Sponsored Links
tony_m said:
need some advice for a kitchen ring.
Is it necessary to fit an isolator above the worktop for any outlets below the worktop? This would in relation to a washing machine single switched socket and for an outlet to feed ignition/ timer for gas cooker.
its not a legal requirment but i would recommend you do so they can be switch off w/o having to pull the washer out

also, are you aware of part P?

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am aware of part p. This is an ongoing project which was started about 1 year ago.

Sponsored Links
LOl no honestly it's a solo project which means rushing around doing lots of individual things and not completing anything major.

tony_m said:
Thanks for the replies. Yes I am aware of part p. This is an ongoing project which was started about 1 year ago.
Even so, should have been finished before the 1st of April if you wanted to claim it was exempt from Part P..

What he meant was, "this is an ongoing project, started before jnuary, and finished before April"
I suspect there are plenty of those too... 2004 was a very god year for DIY electrics you know, and will get better with time. :rolleyes:

Here's another thought - not in keeping with the spirit of Part P, but...

If you're doing a major kitchen renovation, once you've removed the sink and the food preparation facilities, it's no longer a kitchen..

If it has a water supply it is either a kitchen or a bathroom; take your pick !

bathjobby said:
If it has a water supply it is either a kitchen or a bathroom; take your pick !
No - could be a toilet, could be a utility room, could be a bedroom with a wash basin...

Read the definition of "kitchen" in Statutory Instrument 2004 No. 3210 The Building (Amendment) (No.3) Regulations 2004.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back