ADT alarm in my new house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I just completed a house move and am trying to sort out what to do with the installed wired ADT alarm. It was installed in 2002, has not been serviced since 2007, and I have not been able to set it since moving in. I phoned ADT today to find out what options I may have, and was informed that it is a rented system, and if I don't want to enter into a contract with them, and don't want to buy the system from them for £300, they will come and remove it from the house.

This has come as news to me, as the alarm was not declared as rented in the information provided, and as far as I was concerned it's 'fixtures and fittings', and mine. I don't want it removed as it'll leave marks on the walls, and I'll have to pay for replacement sensors.

I have found another thread on this forum related to this, but it didn't have any conclusion re the ownership of the current system and what can be done with it to get it working.

Can anyone advise? The sensors do look quite bulky, but I can live with them, and would prefer to simply replace the control box with one of my choice leaving the sensors and wires untouched, that will phone my mobile in the event of an alarm - I'll rely on the neighbours - very freindly - to call the police etc if I'm not here.

Thanks in advance.

Sean.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back