boiler overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a gloworm space saver boiler. The room stat is set to 15 degrees and the tank stat set at 55 degrees. If i increase the room stat to anything higher than 17 degrees then after the heating has been on a while, the hot water tank starts boiling and the hot water vents into the expansion tank in the attic and out of the overflow onto the garage roof. stat on hot water tank is new and everything else seems ok ie room stat..is boiler stat at fault or any other suggestions please. :confused:

Sponsored Links
The other contenders are sludge, or a slow pump. If these mean that the system can't get the energy out of the boiler fast enough, it's possible that the boiler stat isn't quick enough to react to the overheating.

The boiler stat could be contributing if it has "drifted" with age.

I would check the B Stat, then look at the pump for blockage or slow speed. If all OK then it's system sludge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back