how do i remove paint stain from Franke Fragranite sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just had the sink installed and the decorater has washed his brushes out in it! not sure if they are gloss or water based emulsion (i would of thought gloss).
anyway there are splashes of paint inside the sink that i cannot get rid of. have tried bleach, Cif cream with a scrubbing pad and also white spirite. Still wont go. Any ideas before the wife finds out and blows up over it!

ta

Sponsored Links
Emulsion will come off with a scrub so it must be oil based, paint brush cleaner will break down most paints without harming the surface and rinses away in water.Leave it to soak for an hour or so.

Sponsored Links
Franke do recommend Bar Keepers Friend for cleaning their fragranite sinks. I've not had to clean gloss paint off mine, but I can tell you it works for everything else I've had to shift. You can get it from Sainsbury's and Asda, I've never seen it in Tesco's tho'. Costs a couple of quid for a bottle. It's a powder. For tough stains they recommend you mix it into a paste then scrub it onto the surface of the sink with a nail brush or similar, then rinse off well.

If you do use paint brush cleaner, I wouldn't be worried about damaging the surface of the sink, they're just about bullet proof as far as chemicals are concerned.

It's as well to be worried about spoiling the surface. I know from experience that fragranite won't stand up to the briefest of encounters with strong paint strippers of the Nitromors variety. Turps doesn't seem to bother it but brush cleaners could be tricky. Fragranite probably has an acrylic component.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back