New boiler needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need a new boiler and want to know which boiler you would recommend for a replacement of worcester highflow 3.5 on a sealed system. The house has 3 storeys. Need a boiler which has a small water storage as the current one.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
How about a WB greenstar 440/550?

Should be near enough a straight swap.

Hasten to add I cannot stand wb boilers though :eek:

Viessmann vitodens 200w 35kw or the 28kw 100 if oyu aint got much spondoolies

WB gone down hill me thinks too.

The Viessmann vitodens 200w doesn't seem to have a water storage built in. How big is the water storage in the WB greenstar 440/550?
Also are the WB greenstar 440/550 any good on reliability, as the current one has lasted over 20 years?

Sponsored Links
We've installed a few over the last 6 years and haven't yet had a problem.

For what is the most complex model they make, it seems very reliable.

How does the WB greenstar 440/550 compare to the viessmann Vitodens 222-F or the Atag q series?

im not sure on the WB but the 222f is an amaing piece of kit. Weather comp as standard. and over 20lm at peak flow. The 242 will be available very soon which has solar capabilities.

5year garauntee with the viessmann and its german so quality is second to none. I have the 200w in my own home.

would'nt nessarily put to much faith in german manufacturing , Veissman like most manus probably don't make much that actually is used in the boiler ??( they make the heat exc)

They do make practically everything themselves, including, as you say, the main heat exchanger. This item is one of the best - probably the very best available.

In which case i stand corrected :)

I remember some years ago I got roped into a presentation from Radiant boilers , who informed me that all Radiant manufactured parts carried a 10 year guarantee , when you actually looked into it they only made tha flow switch :)

Viessman never had much to do with em , although I did ounce get a free offer from Stewart Purchase (X MD) for 2 boilers to be fitted on a swimming pool application , this was in response to a letter in the trade press about condensate corrosion on heat exc's ect , i regret not taking the offer up , Viessman are firm beleivers in stainless steel , he told me that they have never had a failed heat exc (stainless) due to condensate flue gas corrosion !! we only spec stainless steel boilers now , my advice to any one stay away from ally boilers (Worcestor ect )

The Worcester Hiflo 440/550 fit into the same general space as the old hiflows but the pipework connections are completely different. I suppose better as they have a connection bar at the front so you can disconnect and roll to boiler out if you must.

They do seem quite reliable but the warrantee is shorter, 2-3 years than the Viessmann.

The Worcester weather comp unit is very good and has better settings than the Viessmann as it can be set to any proportion of inside/outside control.

Tony

Assuming your incoming mains water supply and gas supply are up to the flow rates the 3.5 Highflow need then an Intergas 36/30 is well worth considering as it has similar DHW performance to the 3.5 Highflow.

Tim

http://www.intergasheating.co.uk/si...&intergas_lijsten_Produkten_detail=26&catid=7

Ps I went to a 3.5 Highflow recently that only gave 10 litres per minute at the tap, and the burner pressure was very low once the two gas fires and the cooker were drawing gas.

I was thinking of the WB 550 but after i realised it has aluminum heat exchanger. I am thinking of going with the Viessmann.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back