radiator reducing valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a very basic question to most but i am fitting a new radiator that has 10mm feed. The new valves are 15mm but have 10 mm reducers with them. Can anybody please tell me how to properly connect the valves,how tight etc as it is not like a straight olive type :confused: attachment.

Sponsored Links
The answer is that an installer learns by practical experience during his training/apprenticeship.

All I can say in words is that I fit them as supplied with the same tightness as other fittings of the same size.

The 10mm tube should be straight where it goes into the fitting and cut square, ideally by a cutter.

Tony

If you can,take them back and get 10mm rad valves then there is no need to faff around with reducers.This would be a lot easier for a novice.Tighten to finger tight and then 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn and use a little jointing paste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back