Installing isolation valves on central heating pipework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can i install isolation valves on central heating pipework? I am installing a towel rail after removing an old rad and was wondering if an isolation valve on either side will have any impact on the central heating system?

49306_image.jpg

Sponsored Links
NOT THOSE! DON'T EVER USE THEM ON HEATING!!

They cost pennies and they behave accordingly. As soon as you touch them after they've been in a short while, they leak.
Use valves approved for CH - very few neat ones around.

99% of those will leak after a short time whe you try to turn them off,and they also restrict flow to some degree.

Sponsored Links
:eek: FFS someone please tell the manufacturers, as they dont give a **** about valves that are anything but fit for purpose, how do they get away with it legally :rolleyes: :evil: :evil:

There isnt a need 2 isolate the pipework going to a rad, other than the the rad valves, if you realy need 2, use gate valves under the floor they're designed for central heating

There isnt a need 2 isolate the pipework going to a rad, other than the the rad valves, if you realy need 2, use gate valves under the floor they're designed for central heating

not on a sealed system, i wouldnt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back