HELP: Potterton Profile 50e: Combustion Casing or Chamber

ei

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get one from? BG are looking to force me to replace the whole boiler system at a cost of £3000 or there abouts.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

EI

Sponsored Links
B'stards left me and my kids without heating last nite. Tried to strong arm the wife into buying their services.. If I could locate the part I would get a local dude to fix..

not sure what part you need. but they should be available whatever it is. Make a complaint. If your on a contract you've already paid for the repair, so make sure they do it.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like outer case . Has it rotted if so you might be struggling to get one

They can rot on the top near the pipe exits,usually due to undetected slight water leak at compression fitting or drain cock.If the outer case is perforated then you may well be out of luck.The front cover will not normally require renewal.Have you been on contract long and if so why was this not noticed before it got to this stage?

That is the point 45yearsagasman. Been contract for ages. Seems that they knew a while ago, but chose not to tell us. Yeah, the part we need is indeed obsolete. No one on the planet has one and there are no replacement options.. :(

They left you without heat in order to save you and the kids lives

You have to bite the bullet and get a new boiler.......simples

Get some quotes off local RGI's preferably some that have been recomended[/quote]

Doing so at the moment.. Just seems strange that they knew about the problems and obsolete parts, did not tell me, but continued to take my money.. Also I did not memtion the strong arm tactics used to almost black mail the other half into buying from them.. Anyway, rant over I will sort it locally..

EI

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back