Potterton Suprima 40 won't light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my pottertons been working happily for two years since getting a recon PCB put in, but now it's failing to light; no sparks or clicking sound to indicate ignition; grateful for any suggestions as to what the cause may be.

Sponsored Links
it may sound harsh but do your self a favour and get a new boiler installed otherwise you will be throwing money at that thing all the time.

the is a new development near us and we have replaced over 30% of those boilers due to the fact of their problems.
even potterton engineers dont want to come out and fix them

good luck

You can't diagnose a fault like that - like sayinga car doesn't start, what's wrong?
COuld be several things.

No faith in the new board/kits then Kingo?

Sponsored Links
what u on about kingo, us potterton engineers love suprima's, i have still yet to be called out to a new board thats gone wrong............

Thanks, will look into getting a new PCB; am I right in thinking this new one can't just be swapped in like the old one and will need professional fitting?

send me a pm if you want some work in northamptonshire then jason.

i saw a new pcb for the suprima a few days ago and it comes complete with the what looked like the full wiring harness.......... but jason would be the man to tell you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back