Glow Worm Ultimate Central Heating Boiler which one???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this fitted now for about 10 years and it has been brilliant until the last couple of years but I am not complaining. It has only had a new solinoid, new pilot jet all fitted by a Corgi engineer.The pump failed last week the engineer is coming to replace that today, he also mentioned the fan is a little noisy but a little wd40 worked wonders but I would feel better having a new fan. It looks relatively simple to do having no gas connections and only 2 spade connections and 2 rubber pipe connections.I reckon I can do that myself. I have seen fans on the internet quoting ultimate 30-40-50-60 and they all look slightly different.Some show a fan on the top, some don't. The installation book quotes 30-40-50-60- models but doesn't actually show which model my boiler is. I have looked on the casing and can find nothng relating to the model. Any advice would be helpful and a rough estimate of cost would also be helpful. Ons last question there is a Potterton National Advertising campaign at the moment on the Gold HE Combi range. Prices seem brilliant,24HE £629,28he £689, 33HE 3749 and I am wondering if its perhaps time to change to a Combi but have no idea how much it would cost to fit..
tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Sponsored Links
I would feel better having a new fan. It looks relatively simple to do having no gas connections and only 2 spade connections and 2 rubber pipe connections.I reckon I can do that myself.

it's also part of the flue system :eek:

:idea: Why not get the engineer who is coming to change your pump to fit a new fan while he is there?? it would save a call-out charge would it not, and your engineer would be able to kill two birdys with one stone!!
(everyones a winner) ;)

P.S. as has been said a flue fan is part of the flue and not a DIY job , the last ultimate fan i had to fit was a bit of a B*****d TBH :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your comments,, Engineer fitted new pump, took 15 minutes, everything working fine.
I bought a new fan fitted it myself, took 15 minutes, as it happened the engineer left one of his tools behind, when he came back he checked that what I had done was in order,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back