Triton shower being annoying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a house which has a brand new Triton shower from Wickes, but it hardly ever works properly.

When it does work properly, the water is very hot and the pressure is great. But that has only happened 3 times since I've moved in. The rest of the time the shower is either cold with moderate pressure or warm with hardly any pressure.

It's very difficult to wash shampoo/conditioner out of your hair when it is like that so it makes it very annoying.

The shower runs from the same main as the bath which has very high pressure. We're fed up of using the shower so we use the bath instead, and when we take the hose off the shower and attach it to the bath tap we've found you can't turn the taps on full otherwise there is so much pressure that the water hurts your skin.

Unfortunately the shower doesn't have any LEDs so I can't tell what is going on with it.

Any suggestions for where to start troubleshooting?

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what the inlet filter is. I can't seem to find any filter on the shower at all.

There is a value that you turn with a screwdriver, and that is fully open.

The issue is that in the mornings the shower is awful, but during the afternoon the shower is fine. But as my girlfriend and I work we have to shower in the morning.

Is there some kind of pump we can buy to increase the pressure?

I'm not sure what the inlet filter is. I can't seem to find any filter on the shower at all.

the filter is located on the right hand side next to the shower outlet.
the large hex nut.

turn the mains water off first before opening.

sounds like mains pressure issue.

Sponsored Links
The shower is still not working properly :(

The plumber that fitted the shower checked the filter for me and said there was a little bit of grit, but it's all clear now. The inlet valve is still wide open.

I can't understand how there's pressure in the bath and no pressure in the shower when they're next to each other.

did the plumber check your mains pressure when he checked the shower ?
did he check the pressure switch was being activated ?
did he register the shower warranty when he fitted it ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back